Capsulink doesn’t support custom SSL certificates for domains. If you wish to share your branded links in https, like https://myDomain.com/123, try the following integration:
- Configure the DNS of your domain. First, purchase a domain from a registrar like domainr. Then upgrade your Capsulink account to Premium to set up your custom link to work with Capsulink. Go to your registrar, select the custom domain from your domain list. Inside the DNS configuration settings, edit the A record for your domain by setting this to IP address 126.96.36.199. It can take up to 24 hours for the new A record to take effect.
- Subscribe to CloudFlare and follow their domain wizard.
- Add your domain to CloudFlare in the wizard. You must add the main domain name (myMainDomain.com) even if you are using a subdomain (subdomain.myMainDomain.com).
- After around 60 seconds confirm your DNS records in the wizard.
- Select a CloudFlare plan in the wizard. The free one is a valid option too.
- Cloudflare will communicate two of the name servers to configure on your current domain control panel. Please access our panel and update nameservers accordingly. The update of the nameservers may take up to 24 hours. CloudFlare will send you an email when it’s done.
- Your domain is now ready to work with Capsulink in Https and Http.
NOTE: If you want to share your links as https:// by default, configure your domain settings in your profile accordingly.
Flexible SSL is the supported setting. You can activate full SSL setting by following the useful optimization below. Currently, full SSL (strict) setting is not supported.
This procedure is only valid if you are using your main domain as the custom URL shortener. It’s NOT valid if you are using a subdomain (eg.: subdomain.myMainDomain.com).
CloudFlare enables you to forward your main domain name (e.g. myMainDomain.com) to Capsulink directly. Your current configuration, instead, will perform a double redirect (myMainDomain.com => www.myMainDomain.com => then Capsulink). To improve your links redirection:
- Delete the Capsulink A record
- Change your current CNAME record to use name/hostname “@” (same address as before).
IMPORTANT: Capsulink does not work on a live website or blog, it only works on a domain that is "empty" or not in use.