This way you will be able to create any subdomain and have it "point" at Capsulink to use it as your own branded link shortening service.
Follow these instructions:
- Log into Capsulink.
- Go to the domain settings in your Capsulink profile and add new custom domain. In the first text field write your subdomain together with your main domain name (e.g. subdomain.myMainDomain.com). In the second text field enter the main redirect URL.
- Log into your domain hosting account and go to the DNS Settings page.
- Add another record:
- Record type: CNAME
- Hostname: your subdomain (the same as used before)
- Point to (or Address/Value): enter cname.capsulink.com in the CNAME field. (Remember, dot at the end of the CNAME value may not be accepted. Remove it if not needed.)
- If your domain hosting account does accept "*" (the wildcard) and you did not configure this record earlier, you may use the wildcard instead of the sub-domain. This way you will be able to create several sub-domains in Capsulink without any further configuration in your domain hosting account.
- Save your changes
- Wait for the email from Capsulink to approve that your domain is correctly configured and DNS settings are propagated worldwide.
How to configure your domain hosting account
This process takes place on your domain host's account. It can be any domain provider. Here is a list of instructions at some of the most popular domain providers:
- How to Change DNS Records at GoDaddy
- How to Change DNS Records at Name.com
- How to Change DNS Records at HostGator
- How to Change DNS Records at Register.com
- How to Change DNS Records at Blue Host
- How to Change DNS Records at Ipage
- How to Change DNS Records at InMotion Hosting
IMPORTANT: DNS has to be propagated all over the World to make the dedicated domain work. It might take from 15 minutes (if the domain is brand new) up to 24 h (if the dedicated domain was registered in the past).