The teams feature allows Capsulink users to create separate teams for different link sets, where colleagues and partners can create and share branded links as team members. This comes in handy when you have to manage different teams across the organization and helps ensure all your short link data is easily accessible in one place, instead of scattered in different spreadsheets that aren’t always kept up-to-date.
Why should I create teams?
The benefits of using Capsulink teams include:
- Oversee data quickly & easily, which comes in handy when you manage multiple teams and need to measure their link performance;
- All team members can conveniently find the data they need;
- Easier custom short link management - with teams, multiple people can create and share links using the same custom domain;
- Invite team members without sharing passwords;
- Streamlined metrics reporting by centralizing data all in one place & more.
This is a good solution if your organization has cross-departmental or regional teams that need to work together, or you run an agency.
How to create a Team?
Before you create a Team, make sure you have upgraded to Capsulink premium, since this is a paid feature.
If you have, follow these steps:
- Go to the “Teams” section on your dashboard
- Click on “Create a team”
- Choose a name for your team. You can also add an image to it (optional)
- Invite users to join the team. For this, you need to enter their email and they’ll receive an invitation
- The number of people who can join the team depends on what pricing plan you’ve selected
- After you’ve created a team, you can choose which of your domains, API keys and folders the team will be able to access.
Remember, you can set up multiple teams where members can create, share, edit, and manage their links.
Once a user joins a team, they’ll be able to access the team's domains and folders, manage links they create and view the links their teammates created. Teams only own the links users have created after they’ve joined it - any links created before that can’t be assigned to a team.
Folders and domains can be added to multiple teams, e.g., you can add one of your custom domains to 3 different teams, which they can use to create their branded links using the same custom domain.
Teams can use the link folders and domains that they’ve been granted access to, but they can’t edit them. Each team can only edit the links they created, but they cannot edit links with the same domain if another team created them.