Emojis are everywhere, even in short links. Following the internet culture trend of using emojis to express yourself, Capsulink now allows users to turn any link into a link with emoji. It’s a creative way to personalize your links & have a better chance of being remembered in the cluttered online space.
Follow these simple steps in order to make customized emoji URLs:
- First, log into your Capsulink account. After that, go to the dashboard and click on "Capsulate".
- Put your long link inside the pop-up window and capsulate (shorten) it.
- Edit the short link and insert the emoji that best describes your post/article. The process of doing it depends on which device you use:
- For Windows. Press and hold the Windows button on your keyboard and either the period (.) or semicolon (;) until you notice the emoji picker appear. Scroll through the list to find your desired emoji.
- For Mac. Use the keyboard shortcut Command + Control + Spacebar to access all emojis. After that, double-click the emoji you need and it'll be inserted wherever you put your cursor.
- Save the link & that’s it - your custom short emoji URL is ready to be used! Go ahead & let your short link speak for yourself on social media!
Emoji link compatibility with social networks
Please bear in mind that links with emojis are not universally compatible on all platforms. Before sharing the link online, please double-check the compatibility on your chosen platform to ensure the emoji is visible in the link. An increasing number of apps now support URLs with emoticons including these:
- Stack Overflow
Capsulink offers this feature for free, so anyone can create their own personalized short emoji links now, isn’t that great? It’s such a simple, yet an on-trend way to make sure your message is more recognizable and memorable online, as well as a cool way to gain more engagement.