Managing your short links becomes much easier when you use Capsulink and Zapier together - a powerful combination for those who are looking for ways to save time and ensure your time is spent on meaningful activities rather than tedious tasks.
What is Zapier?
Zapier is a popular and widely used web service that helps users automate different types of tasks among apps. With Zapier, you can set up triggers and actions between apps, so whenever the trigger happens, it will be followed by an action. These combinations of triggers and actions are called zaps.
With a Zapier integration, you can connect your custom short links to thousands of other apps. In fact, they have over 2000+ apps that work with Zapier, among which you’ll probably find some of your own favorite tools that you use daily.
Why should I enable this integration?
With a Zapier and Capsulink integration, you’ll be able to create automated custom short links and even go further with your automations connecting with other apps. For example, Zapier can publish new short links to twitter once they’ve been shortened in Capsulink, automatically add short URL Zaps into a google sheet, or create a new short link every time you publish an image on Instagram. The automations are endless, it’s really up to your needs & imagination.
By automating actions and sharing data in the products you use, you can save time and keep the information up to date automatically. Enabling this integration will create a bridge between your account and thousands of apps to achieve a smoother workflow.
Ways to use Capsulink and Zapier
Since you can connect Zapier to Capsulink and so many other apps, the possibilities of automations are countless. Here are some examples of ways you can use Capsulink and Zapier:
- Send an email when your link generates a certain number of clicks
- Send an email when a new short link is created
- Add new Capsulink short links to Buffer
- Tweet new short links
- Add new links into a Google Spreadsheet
- Create new short links from a Google Spreadsheet
- Create a new short link after you publish a blog post
- Create short links for every new Instagram post
- Create a short link every time you send out a Mailchimp campaign
- Shorten URLs for new Google Drive files
- Post to Slack for each new domain referrer
- Create a short link after a response is received on Google Forms
- Create a new Trello card for each new short link
- Create links to new Spotify playlists
- Create a short link after you receive an order from MailChimp
- Create a short link after you’ve added a new Pin on Pinterest
- Send an SMS when your link clicks reach a certain number
- Get a Slack notification when a new short link is created
- Post all new short links to your Facebook page
And much, much more.
Who can set this up?
This integration can be set up by anyone with a Capsulink account and a Zapier account. You also need to have an account for any other apps you want to connect.
Bear in mind that you can only create Zaps with Capsulink if you have an active Business or Ultimate pricing plan on Capsulink.
How do I connect Zapier to Capsulink?
Although this integration is not yet available publicly, you can get it with an invitation from our team. In order to connect Zapier to Capsulink URL shortener, click on this invite link, which will give you access to the early beta version of the integration.
After accepting the invitation, you can start using Zapier to create short links in the Zapier Editor. The editor was created for DIY automation, so you can easily create Zaps without the help of a developer. Try linking Capsulink to Google Sheets, Instagram, Twitter, Slack, Trello, Asana, or any other of the thousands of apps available on Zapier.
Once you’ve accepted the invitation, follow these steps:
- Go to “My apps”
- Select “Capsulink” from the list
- Enter the API key. Please note that you need a Business or Ultimate account to use API.
- Add any other app you’d like to create Zaps with
- Go to “Dashboard”
- Select the apps you’d like to connect & the trigger-action sequence. E.g. “When there’s a new card moved to a list on Trello, create a short link with Capsulink”
- Click “Use Zap”
Once you’ve followed these steps, you’ll have to specify the details for the zap e.g. which is the Trello list to be used as a trigger. Don’t forget to test out your Zaps before turning them on!
You can see all of your Zaps in the “Zaps” section of your account, where you can turn them on/off, share them, rename, edit, delete them, etc.
This integration is built and maintained by Capsulink, so if you need support or want to send some feedback, please contact us directly.