QR codes have been around for quite some time now and have proven to be a useful & effective tool for many businesses. They’re versatile, easy-to-use, and perfectly suited for the modern consumer that prefers to use their mobile device over anything else.
What is a QR code?
QR code is a 2D version of a barcode and is often being used for mobile marketing purposes. “QR” stands for Quick Response, which refers to the quick access to the information stored in codes. After scanning the code with a smartphone app, people are instantly directed to a website, landing page, video or anywhere else you wish that can be displayed on a web browser.
You can also generate QR codes for your short links on Capsulink for free.
How can you implement QR codes in your marketing strategy?
QR codes are widely used for sharing all kinds of data and can be printed/embedded in a variety of different places - direct mail, email, magazines, posters, websites, postcards etc. By scanning the QR codes, consumers are instantly more engaged with your brand. This is a major advantage - when users are actively involved with the information you share, they are more likely to remember it longer.
Here are some ways you can use QR codes in your marketing:
- Share contact information
- Share information about an event
- Give directions to your store, cafe, bar etc.
- Direct people to a video about your product/service
- Direct people to a request form
- Give a coupon code/special offer
- Convey tracking information
- Enable customers to leave feedback about your product/service
- Involve people in a survey
- Direct them to App Store/Play Store where people can download your app
These are only a few examples of how you can use QR codes in your marketing that will engage, entertain and inform people who scan it.
How to Create QR codes for short links using Capsulink
In order to create a QR code for your short link with Capsulink, follow these steps:
- Shorten your URL and click on “Capsulate”
- Click “More actions” icon on the short link and select QR code from the list.
- Download the QR code in PNG or SVG (vector) format depending on which one you need.
After you’ve created your QR code, Capsulink will automatically start tracking how many people scan the code and visit your website so you know how much traffic you’re getting and how effective your QR code is.